Table of Contents
Step By Step Guide To Create High Converting Landing Page: Creating a high converting landing page is the key to success for any online business. With a well optimized landing page, you can turn your website traffic into leads and sales like never before. Don’t let creating the perfect landing page seem intimidating – follow this simple step-by-step guide to create a landing page that converts visitors into customers.
Step 1: Choose the Right Landing Page Builder
Not all landing page builders are created equal. Choosing the right landing page builder is crucial for creating a high-quality landing page that drives conversions. Here are some top options to consider:
- Unbounce – Unbounce is designed specifically for building high converting landing pages. It has a drag-and-drop editor, A/B testing tools, landing page templates, and robust analytics.
- Leadpages – Leadpages makes it easy to quickly build customized landing pages. It has pre-made templates and the ability to publish quickly.
- Instapage – Instapage is full of conversion-focused page templates. It has tools for A/B testing, heat maps, and flexible publishing options.
- ClickFunnels – ClickFunnels has a focus on sales funnels and marketing automation. The landing page editor is easy to use with various templates.
Take the time to sign up for free trials of different options to choose the landing page builder that works best for your needs.
Step 2: Set Up the Structure of the Landing Page
Once you’ve selected your landing page builder, it’s time to lay the groundwork for an optimized landing page. Start by structuring the key sections:
- The Header – This top section should include an eye-catching headline relevant to your offer, high-quality hero image, supporting subheadline, and a strong call-to-action button.
- The Main Content – In this section, focus on explaining your offer, product benefits, or service. Use bullet points, statistics, testimonials, comparisons, and other supporting details.
- Sidebar/Widget Area – The sidebar area can highlight trust factors, additional offers, or testimonials.
Step 3: Choose the Right Landing Page Template
Most landing page builders come with professionally designed templates to help you create an optimized page quickly. Choose a template that aligns with your industry, brand style, and conversion goals.
Some template options to consider:
- Lead generation template
- Webinar registration template
- Free offer or download template
- Product sales template
- Service promotion template
Look for a template that follows landing page best practices. Templates with the above layout structure, minimal distractions, and clear calls-to-action are ideal.
Step 4: Craft a Compelling Headline
Your headline is one of the most important parts of your landing page. Follow these tips for writing a headline that converts:
- Target keywords – Incorporate your focus keyword into the headline to attract the right visitors.
- Address pain points – Bring up your audience’s challenges in the headline and present your solution.
- Use power words – Power words like “secrets”, “proven”, “how to” elicit emotion and drive action.
- Keep it short – A landing page headline should be less than 10 words. Keep it scannable.
- Add urgency – Phrases like “limited time”, “only 7 spots left” create urgency to act now.
Step 5: Write Strong Body Copy
The body copy is your chance to shine and show your offer’s value. Here are some tips for persuasive landing page copy:
- Focus on benefits – Don’t just explain features, emphasize the benefits your product/service provides.
- Use bullet points – Break up paragraphs with bullet point lists which are scannable and clear.
- Inject personality – Let your brand’s personality and voice come through to connect with visitors.
- Add social proof – Build trust with testimonials, customer reviews, or case studies.
- Make it scannable – Short sentences and paragraphs make the copy easy to scan.
Step 6: Optimize Forms and CTAs
Simplifying your calls-to-action and forms results in higher conversions. Apply these optimization tips:
- Place buttons strategically – Put CTAs above the fold and near natural page breaks to be visible.
- Make CTAs stand out – Use contrasting colors, larger button sizes, and action-driven language.
- Limit form fields – Don’t ask for unnecessary fields on signup forms. Only collect essential info.
- Add micro-commitments – Micro-commitment CTAs like “Download now” are less intimidating first steps.
- Use social proof – Note how many others have downloaded, signed up, etc. to build trust.
Step 7: Enhance the Design
Great design enhances content rather than distracts. Follow these design tips:
- Use white space strategically to draw attention to key elements.
- Make typography easy to scan with big, bold headings.
- Select engaging images that connect with your message.
- Pick 2-3 colors that align with your brand style guide.
- Ensure mobile optimization so the page looks great on all devices.
Step 8: Include Trust Factors
Boost conversions by including elements on your landing page that build visitor trust:
- Show contact details – Phone number, email, and physical address.
- Highlight security badges – Trust logos like Norton Secured, BBB, or SSL certificates.
- Feature user proof – Reviews, testimonials, case studies, or user videos.
- Explain your USP – Clarify your unique value proposition or competitive advantage.
- Add an FAQs section – Answering common questions builds credibility.
Step 9: Connect Email Services
To collect lead information from your landing page, you need to connect your page builder to third-party email services like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, ConvertKit or an email CRM.
Most page builders make this integration easy with a few clicks. This allows you to:
- Save leads – Gather name, email, and other details visitors fill out right to your email list.
- Send follow ups – Trigger automated emails to new leads after they opt-in.
- Track conversions – See which landing pages collect the most leads.
- Nurture leads – Continue sending lead nurturing emails through your email service provider.
Step 10: Set Up Conversion Tracking
Understanding your landing page’s return on investment relies on tracking conversions accurately.
Be sure to install conversion tracking pixels from tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, or your email service provider. This allows you to:
- See which landing pages have the highest conversion rates.
- Discover which campaign sources are driving conversions.
- Track conversion analytics over time to spot trends.
- Optimize low-performing pages to improve conversions.
Step 11: Perform A/B Split Testing
No landing page is perfect right away. A/B split testing is crucial to improve performance over time.
A/B testing tools let you isolate variables and try variations:
- Test different headlines, images, or copy.
- Try rearranging page sections.
- Experiment with different CTAs or offer details.
Look for tools that make split testing easy right within your landing page builder.
Step 12: Promote Your Landing Page
Driving targeted traffic to your new high-converting landing page is the final step. Promote your page through:
- Email marketing campaigns
- Social media promotions
- PPC ads
- Content offers like opt-in lead magnets
- Retargeting to past website visitors
Monitor traffic sources to see which marketing channels deliver the highest quality leads.
Optimizing your landing pages for conversions doesn’t need to be a struggle. Follow this step-by-step guide to go from zero to landing page hero quickly.
With a well-designed, conversion-focused landing page, you can turn passive website visitors into active leads ready to buy. Put these landing page best practices into play and watch your conversions take off!